Sunday, May 6, 2012

Parco Millenia Walk Gourmet Bakery Cafe

I had a very disappointing meal yesterday at Gourmet Bakery Cafe, Parco Millenia Walk. The only saving grace is I went there because of a promotion from Deal.com.sg. I paid $13.50 for a 3-course meal. The original price was $24.50!







The 3-course meal comprise a soup, pasta and pastry + drink.

For the soup, my friend and I chose the cream of broccoli. The soup is too salty for our taste. Mind you my friend has a strong taste bud and even she felt that it's way too salty.



The soup comes in a big bowl and a slice of sourdough bread. The bread really "langa" with the soup, When we had the bread together with the the soup, it really brings out the worse in the dish ... sourness of the bread and saltiness of the soup!

My friend ordered Carbonara pasta for her main. There is not enough sauce and the whole dish is quite bland.
 

I  ordered Marinara pasta, it is slightly better than the Carbonara pasta but still way too salty for my taste.

Finally we reached the dessert, comparatively, it is by far the best course. The apple crumble is fine and the cafe latte is thick and aromatic enough.


The portion for the all courses were very substantial, we were stuffed after the meal but super disappointed. 
Even with the coupon, this set meal is not exactly a good deal (many cafe offers set lunch for around $10+) and the taste is really very so so. I will not go back again even if there is another deal from them :(

No comments:

Post a Comment